Charity Shop Vintage Finds, Granny Chic, Sewing and Baking with Giddy Aunt Lola

Thursday 22 January 2015

Vintage Sunshine

I thought I'd show you my latest charity shop find on this grey, dull and cold January day.  It's a lovely pop of vintage sunshine to cheer you up and make you smile.



I haven't been very active in my charity shop hunting for quite a while now; this is mostly a conscious decision to not bring more 'stuff' into the house.  I need to clear the decks, de-stash, slim down, cull clothes and lighten up.  I need to be a lot more selective in what I buy and make sure it earns it's place in my home.


But then last week I find myself pottering around a local town with my current husband and in the blink of an eye, I've slipped into the door of a CS and stumbled across this lovely old dinner service.  Two large platters, a gravy tureen, dinner, tea and side plates, all hand painted with pretty spring flowers.


I tried to be good and started out the door, wistfully remarking to my CH how much I loved it.  Bless his heart, he whipped out a note from his wallet and indulgently indicated that I should go back in and buy it.  Hurrah!  One very happy Gal.  The dresser in my kitchen is a bit small for displaying the dinner service, but I couldn't bare to stuff it away in a cupboard, so there it sits.  It's a little promise of Spring and the warmer days to come.  I can't wait to get sowing flower seeds and planning for the vegetable plot.    Happy days.

Hope this little bit of Vintage Sunshine has brightened your day.

Keep your pecker up!  Galx


SHARE:

13 comments

  1. oh to have the space, id come round and pinch it...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bit cramped on the dresser but I look over at it every time I'm in the kitchen and it makes me smile :) x

      Delete
  2. Amazing husband and I can see why you love these! the color and the design and the details are just stunning =) #pocolo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pixie - i was thinking of painting the dresser bright yellow too!

      Delete
  3. Lovely set! really bright and colourful, it is a great find! :) #PoCoLo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your posts ALWAYS make me smile. I love yellow and this dinner service is so beautiful. Thank you for linking to #PoCoLo

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a find. The yellow is so cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharon, YES, this definitely brightened my day, as did you! I found you and your lovely blog at PoCoLo. I love how the cow creamer is looking at the newcomers with a bit of surprise. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Joy, Thank you! So glad it brightened your day :)

      Delete
  7. Oh I love this find and how gorgeous and bright; I just love it!
    #PoCoLo

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to comment. GAL x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig