Charity Shop Vintage Finds, Granny Chic, Sewing and Baking with Giddy Aunt Lola

Wednesday 22 January 2014

Sewing Me, Sewing You, (Ahem!)


When I started blogging a little over 6 months ago, I made a sewing pledge here, to sew more regularly and all sorts of other nonsense.  The reality has been that I have sewn very little since that time and certainly fell very short of my goals.  Why is this, I hear you ask?  Basically, too busy doing other stuff and putting sewing and other crafty gubbins to the bottom of my 'to-do' list.  It is so easy to fall into the bottomless pit of housework and domestic drudgery.


I have yet to crack the skill of zoning out all other demands on my time and thoughts and give over a few hours each week to creating and making.   On top of this, I succumb to the usual faffing about and dithering that many of us fall foul of when we have lots of things we want to do.  Of course, I'm not a helpless victim of my circumstances and choices so I need to get my bum in gear and sort it out!  Disorganisation is the enemy of creativity, my friends.  However, I have started the year on a positive note and have acquired some bits and pieces to inspire me to get sewing.  I found two packs of 8 small wooden coat hangers for making peg bags in my local charity shop at £2 a pack and I have some lovely Cath Kidston birdy fabric; a marriage made in kitsch heaven.

Onwards and Upwards and here is to a more creative 2014, hurrah!


Sew Cute
I won a voucher for notonthehighstreet.com and spent it on these brilliant cut-and-sew tea towels by designer, Sarah Young.  You can use them to dry your dishes or to cut out and make into gorgeous scatter cushions, toys or even door stops if you fill them with dried beans or something similar.



They will make lovely gifts and I shall squirrel a couple away to give as pressies later in the year.  I particularly love the Red Riding Hood tea towel; notice the tiny granny and little Miss Hood tucked away in the wolf's tummy (ever so slightly creepy)!


On another note, if the fancy takes you, then you can hop on over and follow me on Instagram here for all the latest photos from Giddy Aunt Lola. 

TTFN. Galx

SHARE:

1 comment

Hi, thanks for taking the time to comment. GAL x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig